Why is My Horse that Color?
June 28, 2013
What makes a palomino golden or pintos splotched as if covered in paint? In this UK Lecture presentation, Dr. Kathy Graves shares the basics of equine coat color genetics and how base colors, dilute genes, and certain coat patterns are inherited.
- Researchers Examine Ancient Stallions' Genetic Diversity
- Selecting a Thoroughbred: The Role of Genetics
- Equine Genetics 101: Genetic Concepts and Applications
- Congenital Flexural Limb Deformities in Foals
- Myostatin Gene in Thoroughbreds: Further Research Completed
- Nature vs. Nurture and Horse Health (AAEP 2010)
- XY Sex Reversal in Horses: The Genes Behind the Switch
- Genetic Mutation Caused Nonhereditary White Coat Color Pattern
- Tying-Up in Thoroughbreds: Narrowing the Genetic Search
- Navicular Disease: Researchers Identify Potential Genes Involved