This free report provides the horse owner and caretaker with an overview of several aspects of vaccinating horses against equine herpesvirus. Topics include pregnant mare, foal EHV, and older horse vaccination; youngsters and respiratory disease; neurologic vaccine; and cross-protection for EHV-1 and -4.
We’ll discuss in question-and-answer format your options regarding various vaccinations and frequency. This report includes differing opinions in the equine community regarding boosters, when vaccination is necessary and what age is too young for vaccinating foals. Arm yourself with the information you need to work with your veterinarian to determine the proper herpesvirus vaccination schedule for your horses.
- Veterinarians Urge Vaccination against West Nile Virus
- Increased Equine West Nile Virus Activity in 2012
- Horse Vaccines in 2012: Where We Stand
- EHV-1 Inactivated Vaccine Efficacy Tested (AAEP 2011)
- Neurologic EHV-1: An Overview
- Management Strategies to Enhance Vaccine Efficacy
- Diagnosing Neurologic EHV-1: Back to Basics
- EHV-1 Outbreak: Case Total Holding Steady
- EHV-1 Outbreak: Additional Cases Reported Over Weekend
- EHV-1 Outbreak: Veterinarians Still On Alert