My older horse has respiratory allergies. Is there anything I can do to help him breathe easier while wearing a muzzle?
Photo by iStock
Learn about this frustrating contagious equine skin disease and how to prevent its spread.
- Helping an Easy Keeper Breathe Easy
- Infographic: Rain Rot
- Desert Horse-Keeping
- What's a Pheochromocytoma, and How Do Vets Diagnose It?
- Infographic: Sunburn and Horses
- 10 Equine Skin Problem Resources on TheHorse.com
- Researchers Break Down Horses' IBH Reactions
- Metastasizing Melanoma
- Autologous Vaccination a Safe, Affordable Sarcoid Treatment
- Canine Melanoma Vaccine Testing in Horses Underway
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. My 20-year-old Thoroughbred has respiratory allergies. Is there anything I can do to help him breathe easier while wearing a muzzle?
That I'm willing to wear white breeches in public is a testament to how much I love my sport of dressage. Do you pay as much attention to your own fitness and nutrition as your horse's and, if so, how do you stay riding fit?