The Horse Magazine - March 2013 Edition
ONLY $4.95 • FREE SHIPPING*
The Horse: Your Guide To Equine Health Care is a monthly all-breed, all discipline equine publication dedicated to providing hands-on horse owners with the latest news and information on the health, care, welfare, and management of equids.
Some of the features in The Horse Magazine March 2013 Edition:
• What Does Your Horse's Stool Say? | By Stacey Oke, DVM, MSc
There's far more to manure than mucking; your horse's fecal production and appearance can be indicators of good or poor health.
• The Problem Mare, Part 2: Preparing for Breeding | By Nancy Loving, DVM
Take steps to ensure a successful mating and pregnancy, especially in at-risk mares.
• Leptospirosis in Horses | By Heather Smith Thomas
This difficult-to-recognize disease can cause abortion in pregnant mares and eye problems such as recurrent uveitis.
• From Foaling to Adolescence | By Sue McDonnell, PhD, Cert, AAB
Tips for handling common foal and young horse behavioral issues.
• Caudal Heel Pain Causes | By Christa Lesté-Lasserre
The exact cause of this painful condition continues to stump veterinarians, but it might involve genetics, overuse, and improper hoof care.
This month's issue also contains special in-depth articles on shock wave therapy uses, fescue toxicosis, cribbers' sleeping habits, and much more.
*Free shipping on orders delivered in U.S.