Mule Alerts Woman to House Fire

Jolene Solomon of McMinnville, Tenn., credits her pet mule, Lou, with saving her from a New Year's Day fire that destroyed her home, reported.

Solomon told News Channel 5 that the mule was agitated and braying, prompting her to run outside to see to the commotion. That's when she noticed smoke pouring from the side of her home.

Although her home burnt to the ground before firefighters could arrive, Solomon said she's thankful.

"I don't know what I'd do without Lou," Solomon told News Channel 5. "I been blessed."

About the Author

Erin Ryder

Erin Ryder is a former news editor of The Horse: Your Guide To Equine Health Care.

Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with FREE weekly newsletters from Learn More