A poorly designed or damaged saddle affects not only your riding but also your horse's comfort. Learn what to watch for.
Photo by Alexandra Beckstett, The Horse Managing Editor
Learn about the best trimming and shoeing practices to ensure your horse stays sound while traveling the trails.
Photo by iStock
- Seven Common Saddle Faults
- 2015 USEF High-Performance Sports Medicine Meeting Tweets
- Trail Horse Hoof Care
- What is a Saddle Tracing or Template?
- Researchers Examine Compensatory Lameness Sources
- New Treatments for Upward Fixation of the Patella Needed
- Skin Issues That Affect Saddle Fit
- Clinical Signs and Causes of Back Pain in Horses
- Veterinarians Discuss Limb Deformities
- Pelvic Fractures in Horses: Not Always Career-Ending
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. Find out what kinds of skin parasites can cause scratches and how these pests respond to ivermectin treatment.
There are countless hoof products and practices that have become popular due to salesmanship rather than evidence.