Dry Lots for Horses
Do you have a "dry lot" (a paddock without grass) on your property to help manage your horse's weight during the spring and summer? Please explain why or why not in the comments!
Total votes cast: 579
Comments & Write-in Answers
- How do you keep your horse's barn cool during the summer?
- Have you ever gotten a horse for "free" (without the previous owner asking for compensation)? Tell us about your experience.
- What horse health issue do you find most challenging during the summer months? Tell us how you handle these challenges in the comments below.
- Does your hoof care professional use radiographs (X rays) taken by your veterinarian to inform how he or she trims and/or shoes your horse? (If so, tell us why and how often your farrier or trimmer requires updated radiographs.)
- What equine mosquito-borne disease are you most concerned about? (Please share your prevention strategies in the comments below!)
- More Polls