Making Sense of Laminitis
- By Michelle N. Anderson, TheHorse.com Digital Editor
- Jan 16, 2013
Laminitis, also referred to as “founder,” is an often devastating disease of the hoof that can cripple or kill afflicted horses. It’s such an important equine disease that each year veterinarians, farriers, and horse owners from throughout the United States gather at the International Equine Conference on Laminitis and Diseases of the Foot.
- Laminitis Research Project Inclusion Criteria Expanded
- Researchers Seeking Horse Owner Help in Laminitis Study
- Working to Understand Equine Laminitis
- Cryotherapy for Laminitis Prevention after Lameness Onset
- Supporting Limb Laminitis in Casted Horses (AAEP 2011)
- Support Strategies in Chronic Laminitis Cases
- Using Foot Casts to Manage Laminitis 'Sinking' Cases
- Laminitis Prevention and Intervention in Hospitalized Horses
- The Toe Crena: A Laminitic Link?
- Treating Laminitis with Acupuncture