Edited Press Release

Articles by Press Release Edited

ASPCA Grants More Than $1.1 Million to Equine Groups in 2014

The ASPCA's Equine Fund awarded more than $1.1 million in grants to support 169 equine rescues in 2014. Read More

Time to Ride Stables Receive Grants to Welcome Newcomers

Time to Ride supports stables, businesses, and organizations attempting to connect new enthusiasts to horses. Read More

Studying Emerging Diseases in the Equine Industry

Dr. Scott Weese studies microbial populations in the horses' digestive tracts, infection sources and carriers, and more. Read More

Final Vesicular Stomatitis Quarantines Released in Colorado

In all, there were 556 livestock investigations in the state resulting in 370 quarantines. Read More

Drugs and Your Horse: The Dangers of Medicating

Improper use of some common equine drugs can impact our horses' health and safety more than some might think. Read More

Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt

The Australian Racing Board has set a threshold of 200 micrograms for cobalt. Read More

BLM Gathering Horses in Humboldt Herd Area

The BLM will gather and remove approximately 200 wild horses from the range. Read More

BLM Seeks Input on Wild Horse Fertility Control Proposal

The BLM is seeking comment on the continued use of fertility control on the Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Range. Read More

Moxidectin Effective at Reducing Small Strongyle Egg Counts

Moxidectin was 99.9% effective, while fenbendazole was only 41.9% effective 14 days post-treatment. Read More

New Vocations Helped More Than 450 Ex-Racehorses in 2014

Of those horses, 80% were successfully retrained and adopted while the remaining 20% are being rehabilitated or trained. Read More

AHP Launches Third Equine Industry Survey

The survey is designed to identify critical issues facing the industry, horse health issues, and more. Read More

BLM to Host Tour of Pine Nut Herd Management Area Gather

The tour will take place Jan. 23 before the scheduled wild horse gather begins. Read More

Sabrina Zeender Appointed FEI Secretary General

Zeender is the first woman to serve as Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI) secretary general. Read More

Arena Footing Basics 101: Choosing Your Footing

There are several types of arena surfaces to choose from. Here's what to remember when selecting your footing. Read More

Old Friends Retiree Escapedfromnewyork Dead at 10

The 10-year-old Thoroughbred gelding suffered a cardiac event brought on by colic. Read More

SIU Research Looks to Solve Equine Colic Mystery

Erin Venable, MS, PhD, is using cannulated horses to learn what goes on in a horse's cecum. Read More

Take Precautions when Hauling Horses in Cold Weather

While hauling during cold weather can be challenging, proper planning will keep your horse performance-ready. Read More

Thoroughbred Makeover Entries Open with $100,000 Incentive

Trainers can enter Thoroughbreds that raced or trained in the last two years and have not begun second career training. Read More

ARK Signs Lease with New York, New Jersey Port Authority

The facility will provide a 24-hour quarantine facility for the import and export of horses and other animals, and more. Read More

Drought Prompts BLM to Gather Horses in Nevada

The BLM plans to gather about 150 wild horses threatened by lack of forage. Read More

2015 Application for TAA Accreditation Now Available Online

Equine aftercare organizations can apply for Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance (TAA) accreditation through April 15. Read More

Reid Reappointed Principal of Royal Veterinary College

Dr. Stuart Reid, who has an equine background, has been reappointed principal for a second five-year term. Read More

CANTER, Retired Racehorse Project Join Forces

The groups will join forces to facilitate the sale of more Thoroughbred ex-racehorses to the equestrian market. Read More

HITS Thermal Names Official Veterinary Partner

Hagyard Equine Medical Institute veterinarians will be available for routine and emergency care through March 16. Read More

Two Arizona Horses Test Positive for Vesicular Stomatitis

Three premises in Santa Cruz County have been quarantined as a result of the positives. Read More