Videos: Readers Share What They'd Like to See on TheHorse.com
- Dec 10, 2009
More than 520 readers of TheHorse.com responded to a poll asking, "On what horse health care topics would you like to see in-depth videos?"
Results were as follows:
- Foot problems 54.20% (284)
- Desensitizing horses to objects 45.80% (240)
- A routine vet/lameness exam 42.56% (223)
- Trailer loading training 33.78% (177)
- Traveling with your horse 31.11% (163)
- Foaling 23.28% (122)
- Other 13.74% (72)
Readers shared what they would like to see on TheHorse.com in the comments below.
Results of weekly polls from TheHorse.com are published in The Horse Health E-Newsletter. Published every week, this e-newsletter offers news on diseases, veterinary research, health events, and in-depth articles on common equine health conditions and what you can do to recognize, avoid, or treat them. Sign up for our e-newsletters using the form above or on our e-newsletter page.
Look for a new poll on TheHorse.com every week!
- previews of horse motion pictures
- An MRI being done on a hoof andd the explanation of findings
- How to give injections
- Live cover breeding
- What to do with a colic
- TYPES OF WORMS
- colic/colic surgery
- horse jumping
- myopia and hyperopia of horses
- skin allergies
- more on dealing with arthritis and aged equine companions
- Pasture care
- samples of extreem deformities
- MOre on the latest nutrition info - new homeopathic feeds.
- chiropractic assessment and care
- First aid, bandaging, eye ointment app, injections
- Of my 5 horses 3 have leg issues; interested in anything to do with lameness
- white line disease
- rescuing anew horse & not compromising I already have. He's old.
- different types of sports with horses
- over heating
- My 15 month old gelding rears up while leading. How can I stop this?
- visually highlight what the vet is looking for..show a 'good' result split screen w/ a 'bad' result
- male hygiene
- Vets getting to the root of horses lameness problems. Navicular or Arthritis
- parasites on outside of horse
- first aid for horse/rider & how to protect yourself from an attack while horsebackriding alone
- skin allergys, what meds of shampoos are best for the allergies. Think natural fixes
- kissing spine, ulcers, behavioral health
- Foot Problems
- Demonstration of assessing joint issues: bone vs soft tissue, strains vs damage,invasive vs non Tx.
- feeding / nutrition
- losing wieght
- Imprinting your new foal
- ALL of the above
- Horse Massage
- Specific preventive care for seniors (mine being 23, but still full of life/energy)
- Heart Disease/prognosis
- stifle locking
- in depth description of viruses, how to prevent and treat them
- The hoof & the injuries that affect them, inc. bones, navicular, laminitis, white line, & causes.
- Bitless bridles...less equipment on horses
- what sick horses look like.
- video of colic behavior ie appearance of abd andbehaviors horse has with colic, comfort measures.
- head shaker syndrome
- CONTAGIOUS EQUINE METRITIS
- telling horses age by teeth
- Body Condition Score
- complimentary Alternative Medicine
- Colic management
- Would LOVE to see latest in nutririon and laminitis research (mast cells).
- Saddle fitting and back problems
- AI semen evaluation
- Scratches, and other leg scabbies/swellings and broad range of treatments
- how to properly check your horses teeth for potential problems
- weght gain
- home remedies
- Developmental orthopedic disease
- to give my horses the best care and that means vet care, farrier, food, hay, and supplements, water
- NATURAL HOOF CARE.....done by natural hoof care practioners, not farriers
- dental care-standard float vs. newer hi-tech methods
- not interested in video
- eastern equine encyphelatis
- navicular. ringbone. hock and tendon function.
- Feed and nutrition
- How to break the habits of a heardbound horse
- Wound care or first aid
- wound care
- eye health & problems
- correct/ incorrect vidoes of the footfall sequence of the foxtrot and running walk, naturally done
- Blindness caused by filaria
- feeding racehorses
- What brands of supplements work on arthritis.
- videos showing specific lameness
- equine metabolic syndrome and the connection to laminitis
- Giving injections IM - including how to draw syringe
- equine metabolic syndrome; Cushings Disease
- Sweet Itch
- In depth examples of correct and incorrect leg,foor and stifle confirmation
- It would be VERY helpful to have more infomation regarding the care and feeding of the HYPP horse.
- anything from dr. kellon
- Especially loading into a 2horse side by side!
- identification of problems or abnormalities.
- Any kind of health issue for Donkeys
- saddle fitting
- old horses that don't eat well
- fitness/training tips
- colic,digestive system head to tail.
- None - I have dial-up
- lminitis/founder, colic, hoof boots use RX
- A beginning-to-end foaling video would be great, including passing the placenta/checking for tears.
- Starting young breeding stallions
- stalled horses, bone density, vices, growth, habits
- identifying lameness from irregularities in gait
- diagnosis and treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injuries
- fedding yearlings
- Reaction to different enviornments
- equine massage
- more on shoeing or barefoot trimming for underrun heels
- non-invasive treatments, bodywork, massage, wellness
- there are already plenty of vids on all of these except travel and vet routine
- improving pastures
- trailer safety checks
About the Author
Megan Arszman received a Bachelor of Science In print journalism and equine science from Murray State University in Murray, Ky., and loves combining her love of horses, photography, and writing. In her “free time,” when she’s not busy working as a horse show secretary or riding her American Quarter Horses on her parents’ Indiana farm, she’s training and competing her Pembroke Welsh Corgi and Swedish Vallhund in dog agility and running.
POLL: Social Media: How Do You Get Equine Information?