New Fact Sheets Available on TheHorse.com
- Feb 2, 2009
TheHorse.com launched the first in a series of Fact Sheets on Jan. 13 to widespread acclaim. This week we present more Fact Sheets on topics that our readers have indicated are important to them based on searched terms, reader views on that topic, surveys/polls, and personal communications.
Following are the newest Fact Sheets now available on TheHorse.com:
- Equine Cushing's, sponsored by Emerald Valley.
- Failure of Passive Transfer, sponsored by Plasvacc.
- Insulin Resistance, sponsored by Emerald Valley.
- Joints, sponsored by Platinum Performance.
- Pain Management, sponsored by Heartland Veterinary Supply and Pharmacy.
- Rhodococcus equi, sponsored by Plasvacc.
- Strangles, sponsored by Zoologix.
- Upper Airway, sponsored by Flair Equine Nasal Strips.
Each Fact Sheet will:
- Give an overview of a specific disease, condition, anatomy/physiology topic, or topic related to horses and their management;
- Be written by a veterinarian and reviewed by an expert to ensure accurate information; and
- Be presented in a format you can download and save to your own computer, print and share, or e-mail to a friend.
After reviewing a Fact Sheet you can look through our Article Library of more than 13,500 articles to find more in-depth information on that topic, or even seek another Fact Sheet on a related topic.
Each Fact Sheet contains editorial content generated by The Horse staff and freelance veterinary writers, and each will be brought to you by a partner sponsor.
The first Fact Sheets on TheHorse.com were: Joint Injections, sponsored by Arthrodynamics; Thrush, sponsored by Vettec; Tying-Up, sponsored by Equine Sports Performance; and Ultrasound, sponsored by EI Medical.
Fact Sheets that will be coming soon include:
- Arthritis, sponsored by Dechra.
- Botulism/Shaker Foal, sponsored by Neogen.
- Contagious Equine Metritis.
- Deworming, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Digestive Tract, sponsored by Grand Meadows Nutritional Products.
- Endometritis, sponsored by Neogen.
- Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis (EPM), sponsored by Neogen.
- Foaling, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Influenza, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Laminitis, sponsored by Soft-Ride.
- Rabies, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Respiratory System, sponsored by Sweet PDZ.
- Supplements (General), sponsored by Platinum Performance.
- Supplements (Hoof), sponsored by Grand Meadows Nutritional Products.
- Supplements (Joint), sponsored by Myristol Tryan Enterprises.
- Ulcers, sponsored by Freedom Health.
- West Nile Virus, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Wound Care, sponsored by Neogen.
Visit TheHorse.com often, as more Fact Sheets will be launched in the coming days, weeks, and months. If you have a topic you would like to see covered in a Fact Sheet, send a note to Editorial@TheHorse.com.
POLL: Beating the Heat in Horse Barns