TheHorse.com Launches Editorial 'Fact Sheet' Series
Sometimes it is difficult to find that one short authoritative article that gives the basic information you're looking for on a specific equine topic. Something that gives you a foundation when you are looking for a starting point on which to build knowledge about a problem that has beset your horse. TheHorse.com has the answer: Fact Sheets. A series of informative "Fact Sheets" are now available on TheHorse.com, on topics that our readers have indicated are important to them, based on searched terms, reader views on that topic, surveys/polls, and personal communications. Each Fact Sheet contains editorial content generated by The Horse: Your Guide To Equine Health Care staff and veterinary writers and will provide an overview of a specific disease, condition, anatomy/physiology topic, or topic related to horses and their management.
Each Fact Sheet in the unique series is written and reviewed by an expert to ensure accurate information. In addition, each Fact Sheet is presented in a format readers can download; print and share; e-mail to a friend; save to a computer; or archive in personal folder on TheHorse.com using the "Add to Favorites" tool at the top of each article. Each Fact Sheet is presented by an industry partner sponsor.
After reviewing a specific Fact Sheet readers can also browse TheHorse.com's Article Library of more than 13,500 articles to find more in-depth information on that particular topic, or they can read another Fact Sheet on a related topic.
The first Fact Sheets now available on TheHorse.com include: Joint Injections, sponsored by Arthrodynamic Technologies; Thrush, sponsored by Vettec; Tying-Up, sponsored by Equine Sports Performance; and Ultrasound, sponsored by EI Medical.
Fact Sheets that will be coming soon include:
- Arthritis, sponsored by Dechra.
- Botulism/Shaker Foal, sponsored by Neogen.
- Cushing's, sponsored by Emerald Valley.
- Deworming, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Digestive Tract, sponsored by Grand Meadows Nutritional Products.
- Endometritis, sponsored by Neogen.
- Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis (EPM), sponsored by Neogen.
- Failure of Passive Transfer, sponsored by Plasvacc.
- Feeding Broodmares, sponsored by Dechra.
- Foaling, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Influenza, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Insulin Resistance, sponsored by Emerald Valley.
- Joints, sponsored by Platinum Performance.
- Laminitis, sponsored by Soft-Ride.
- Metabolic Syndrome, sponsored by Platinum Performance.
- Pain Management, sponsored by Heartland Vet Supplies.
- Rhodococcus equi, sponsored by Plasvacc.
- Rabies, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Respiratory System, sponsored by Sweet PDZ.
- Strangles, sponsored by Zoologix.
- Supplements (General), sponsored by Platinum Performance.
- Supplements (Hoof), sponsored by Grand Meadows Nutritional Products.
- Supplements (Joint), sponsored by Myristol Tryan Enterprises.
- Ulcers, sponsored by Freedom Health.
- Upper Airway, sponsored by Flair.
- West Nile Virus, sponsored by Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health.
- Wound Care, sponsored by Neogen.
Visit TheHorse.com often, as more Fact Sheets will be launched in the coming days, weeks, and months. If you have a topic you would like to see covered in a Fact Sheet, send a note to Editorial@TheHorse.com
POLL: Trailer Loading Competency