Readers Respond: Olympic Fever
- Jul 31, 2008
More than 1,200 readers of TheHorse.com responded to a poll asking, "How will you watch the equestrian events of the 2008 Olympic Games?"
- On television: 62.44% (758)
- Not sure: 14.25% (173)
- I don't plan to watch: 14.00% (170)
- Via the internet: 8.73% (106)
- Live in Hong Kong: 0.58% (7)
Readers shared their cheers for their favorite Olympic teams in the comments below.
Results of weekly polls from TheHorse.com are published in The Horse Health E-Newsletter. Published every week, this e-newsletter offers news on diseases, veterinary research, health events, and in-depth articles on common equine health conditions and what you can do to recognize, avoid, or treat them. Sign up for our e-newsletters using the form above or on our e-newsletter page.
Look for a new poll on TheHorse.com every week!
- wish they'd post the exact time they'll be on
- USA! USA! USA!!!
- 115 degree heat, high humidity, possible typhoons - human's choose to compete horses have no choice
- I am more impressed by those who chose not to participate due to health risks for their horses.
- my God Bless you all & have a safe & successful trip.
- Go U.S.A!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
- depends on what mode I can best view & what's available to me
- Cowgirl up Ladies! Gentlemen, it's gotta be a cowboy thing. Show 'em how it's done!
- You are the best and it will be great to watch your best performance!
- I'm not. Boycotting Beijing.
- Go team! good luck!
- Go USA!!!
- Go USA!
- Don't have opportunely to watch
- Go Gina Miles!!! Congratulations! you deserve it
- Go equines!!!
- Watching Dressage for sure. Mixed feelings about Eventing at this point in time....
- Have a great time!
- I wish all a safe journey
- Go Team!
- Go U.S. Equestrian Team!!!
- Go, USA! Bring home some Gold! Lisa from Chicago
- good luck team USA rocks i'll be cheering for you.
- way to go-keep up the good work and may you go with god speed-our prayers are with you all-be safe
- I just hope we don't have to compete w/other sports, which cuts into quality time for the horses.
- How do we watch on the internet???????????
- Wish I was there! Go get 'em!
- Hoping the coverage will improve. Network coverage of any horse event is usually poor.
- thats the best wat for me to watch it
- What Imiss onTV Ill watch onWeb
- Go America!!!!!!
- I refuse to support the politics involved in the whole Olympic process!
- Television coverage is usually not good for equine events, so why bother! We'll hear about it soon e
- Riders and horses good luck, be safe, make us proud!
- Best wishes for SAFE and successful eventing!
- I can't get NBC on my TV. I would like to see the equestrian events.
- Have lost most interest in the Olympics. Will only be watching Equestrian events when I can.
- go cowboys and cowgirls
- USA Rocks! Go Team! You are our true modern day warriors!
- I cant go there, so i'll watch it on TV, or on the internet. I'm not sure.
- Good Luck everyone! I hope all of your hard work pays off. Make us proud!
- Go Team CANADA!!
- I'm hoping that the coverage will be complete and without violence
- THE BEST OF THE BEST, THEY'LL BRING HOME THE GOLD!!!
- My local cable company doesn't have Oxygen which is broadcasting the equestrian events
- You are all totally wonderful, riders too!!!
- I don't get Oxygen, so I won't be able to watch xc on TV. Will it be on the internet?
- if NBC will show them!
- I don't think we should be there at all
- On television if any of the equestrian competition is shown!!
- GO TEAM USA!!!!!
- Can't wait until the china olympics are over so I can start watching again.
- Unvortunately, TV coverage has always been poor.
- Go USA!!!!!!!
- Go U.S.A.!
- Depends on how it's broadcast-no cable or dish here, just network TV & coverage typically very poor.
- I'm boycotting the entire thing, for political reasons
- I hope and pray that no horses or riders are killed or seriously injured!
- Go Team Go Horses
- I hope there is lots of coverage !
- am so psyched for the Olympics. What an amazing event for all!
- I will watch on TV unless there is not enough and then will resort to Internet.
- We will miss Teddy!
- No cabel/satellite and supposedly not being broadcast by regular sports networks
- Good Luck, be safe and SHINE!!
- Best wishes to everyone riding for America! My prayers are with you
- Hopefully some of it will make it on TV
- the games should be boycotted, the people will suffer the gov will profit and we support it, BS
- Come on, eventing team, win one for Theodore O'Connor!
- Why would anyone put their horse or themselves in a place where the air quality is so poor?
- I will be cheering on Canada! Go Red and White!
- Go Team! We are routing for you.
- How about other teams since it's not only Americans here? Huray for the horses,whatever nationality!
- May have to upgrade cable for the channels I need.
- I find China's human rights violations unforgivable I refuse to watch anything.
- Ride to Win! Make Canada Proud!
- Heads up! Heels down!
- Go Phillip! (no beating any Aussies, tho!)
- only if on reg. tv (don't have cable)
- Sadly, horse stuff isn't often on TV
- Will be riding my own
- You mean the MINIMAL coverage we will be able to watch through any venue???? Don't get me started!
- On foxrel in australia, & good luck to the american & australian teams.
- Good Luck! Go U.S. Team! Have fun and enjoy this amazing experience!
- Proud of you all keep up the good work. Go U.S.A
- Good Luck All-paraequestrians and Missy Ransehausen. They need our support they can get.
- NBC should air more of the equestrian events due to US hosting the WEG in 2010.
- GO TEAM! Ride safe,ride smart, ride for America! The Everetts, Pinetown NC
- any way I can mostly on TV if they will televise it
- HOW CAN I WATCH???
- It's too bad they don't show more horse sports on TV
- i DO HOPE WE GET ENOUGH COVERAGE OF THE EQUESTRIAN OLYMPICS.
- Unfortunately, equestrian sports is never has very good Olympic coverage.
- Stay home...do not support CHINA !
- whichever has the best and most convenient coverage
- Good luck and best wishes from Carosellos Arabians
- Go team!
- GO U S A!!!! Bring home the GOLD!!!
- We pray for your safety and success!
- Hope the major networks cover them. That is all I get on my TV.
- What will be the best way to watch?
- Have Fun!
- GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE
- Have a great time, and bring yourselves and your horses home safe!
- TV at home and PC at work :))
- The fun of watching the Olympics will be tempered by worries about the horses' health.
- GO GO GO!!!!!!
- Will TIVO everything.
- China is murdering horses, cats & dogs---to heck with them!!!
- would love to;
- I have lost my taste for watching competition. Too many abused horses.
- thanks to my DVR
- Yaaaaay! Lets go team Amercia!!!!!
- U S A fid a way USA win today
- Awesome!! I hope they air it all on TV.
- Hopefully there will be decent coverage on cable TV.
- You have to pay extra for digital TV in Canada to see any of the Olympic equestrian events. Sucks!
- It is a extremly poor enviroment to have a horse in
- How I will view the events depends on how they're provided.
- Wish they'd show the ParaEquestrian events! Know one of the USA riders!!
- Go Canada, go
- Good question. Hope they televise it in the US
- want to watch. don't have tv
- Go Eventing Team!
- Rural, no cable or satellite or Oxygen = no Olympic Equestrian events - what were they thinking?
- I will watch on regular TV, not cable or satulite
- Hope they show more of the compatitions this year at a normal time.
- just pray that the riders are very judicious in their riding and protect their horses
- I plan to watch as much as possible!
- go USA!!!!!!!
- If I knew when it was on tv I could tape it or watch it live
- so excited about the great tv coverage planned!
- Go Team! Be safe and have fun!
- GO TEAM USA - YOU ARE THE BEST THERE IS! MAKE IT WORK!!!!
- Go USA!
- Congratulations, and remember, if you do your best you're always a winner!
About the Author
POLL: Farm and Liability Insurance