Readers Respond: Read It All Online
- Jun 5, 2008
More than 620 readers of TheHorse.com responded to a poll asking, "How would you prefer to read several articles on a topic?"
- Read them all online, an article at a time: 71.25% (446)
- Download a series of articles as a PDF: 26.52% (166)
- It depends: 12.14% (76)
Results of weekly polls from TheHorse.com are published in The Horse Health E-Newsletter. Published every week, this e-newsletter offers news on diseases, veterinary research, health events, and in-depth articles on common equine health conditions and what you can do to recognize, avoid, or treat them. Sign up for our e-newsletters using the form above or on our e-newsletter page.
Look for a new poll on TheHorse.com every week!
- none of the above. I would like to read in a magazine or book form. Something I can read anywhere.
- if i need step-by-step instructions i'll print out
- i love the links to related articles
- full articles via RSS (as opposed to visiting site)
- Both options would be nice, especially for reading versus printouts
- quickly read 1st then refer back highlight'g specific area of interest to refer back too
- depends on length of download
- best would be physical copy in front of me. reading on the computer makes my head ache.
- For when I am in a location without internert, I want PDF filesfor magazine reading. Online after ?
- It would depend on whether I'm doing research on a particular topic for a reason or just browsing.
- If I'm interested, I'd download what I want to read and ignore the rest.
- If I were reading off the computer, I would read them online, but I most prefer to read magazines
- Remember that those of us in rural locations have dial-up internet, it takes a while.
- Would want to download specific articles only if I wanted to save it or read at a later time
- PDF if want to read while not a pc, or what to keep in file of similars.
- short articles=on-line; long/detailed=pdf
- Offer either option
- If it can/will be used as reference, pdf is best to keep it. If it is only a one time read, online.
- I like to peruse an article online and if I want to pass it along to someone, I prefer a pdf
- depends on how long & how sent. leave out the html graphics
- many rural folks still dialup slow connect
- INformation now vs reference information. If for reference want PDF. If for information only, read
- Human/horse interest I read, Safety/Health issues I often save for future ref.
- I prefer them to be arranged by topic then with related articles.
- I print if I'll be sitting some place for a while. (like dr. office)
- It depends on what the Articles are about.
- I love to be able to make the choice between online and a magazine
- time, network speed, location
- It depends on how much time I have, I would like to option to do either.
- I like to pick and choose what to read at what time, and having them all available at one time
- Keep for easy reference
- Some articles I prefer to keep a copy of. Easier to print than find it online again!
- Some articles are news, some are information. I'd like to keep the informative - like nutrition, etc
- If it is an ongoing story, I'd prefer to see it as it happens. Otherwise, a series is best.
- back problems in horses
- Easiest to download all and read as time permits. Often I print so I can read anywhere.
- absolutely HATE pdf files, any way but that!
- time is a factor
- I would read online, but want to print out items that I needed to understand in detail or long.
- Medical articles are always great - so informative for the average horse owner - read all
- Either way - doesn't matter. Whatever works 4 u.
- It depends on my time availability. I'd use both methods.
- how long and how many articles
- The size of the download.Easy retrieval w/Dnld.Available time.
- Short summary online, detailed article as pdf (also for future reference)
- Its great for school, to be able to have both so I can access info w/o saving them all to my laptop
- Read online but have available as PDF downloads
- Depend on my interest in the articles, of course
- I prefer articles in a PDF format so I can read them at my leisure.
- with permission would like to be able to print & share with noncomp hsing customers
- Ooption to print out longer articles to read later.
- ...and be able to print separately for future reference if desired.
- Gives you the option of reading clear copy on line in PDF form while at the same time you can print
- Time and machine availability
- Pick and choose PDF articles from a comprehensive list and download them.
- One at a time, and access to the others through the archive. thanks!
- Depends on length and depth of article. Prefer PDFs for chart/graphs.
- read them online after pulling up a topice and being given all articles that pertain as you do now
- Sometimes I get tired of looking at a computer screen, so would download, especially if wanted to ke
- Links inside of each article to the other articles
- I prefer to read in depth and technical article in print; would want good abstracts before downloads
- It depends on how much time I have available, or if I consider the article worth saving in my files.
- If I'm interested, the PDF would be preferable. If my interest is mild, online is fine.
- if important to me, I'd rather have PDF that I can print out & keep. if not, then simply online
- I like to look them up the way we do now. Thanks
- short articles, on-line is OK; longer articles, downloading a file would be better
- time makes the PDF file a good option - but too much paper if that is only option.
- Read them online with links to related articles. Printer friendly option.
- It's ok to group them, but provide an index and categorize them, make them searchable
- If I am really concerned and need to share with someone, I want to print it. Otherwise, on the net.
- If a topic has long term interest or complex articles, I would pdf, but topical events, read online
- depends on the subject and if the articles are no older then two years old.
- Depends on my immediate need of information or if I am just reasearching casually.
- depends on the length and depth of the article
- I perfer the format you are using now! Artical that are current or news.
- I would rather have a bullet point summary of each of the artices and pick the one that apeals most
- have the articles summarized and linked to the more detailed articles
- I would like links on them to post an opinion.
- I still prefer to read them in a magazine to take with me.
- If the article relates to something I am doing or will be doing I would to download it to reference
- It depends on if I would need to print out any information I may need to keep...
About the Author
POLL: Public or Private Lands: Where Do You Ride?