Learn how to determine if your horse is underweight and what feeding options are available for hard keepers.
Photo by Alexandra Beckstett, The Horse Managing Editor
A foal's diet during the first year impacts his musculoskeletal health and future athletic performance.
Photo by Anne M. Eberhardt/The Horse
- Skinny Horse Help
- Feeding Foals
- Mind the Gap: Feeding the Toothless Horse
- Vaccines, Dewormers, and Nutrition for Senior Horses
- Poll Recap: Senior Horse Health Concerns
- Time-Saving Horse Care Tips
- Planning a Diet for a Laminitic Horse
- Poll Recap: Horse Feed Amounts
- When do Broodmares at Pasture Need Supplemental Feed?
- Is Hydroponic Feed in Your Horse's Future?
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. A filly goes to the trainer and ends up sick, off feed, and with gastric ulcers. Will the ulcers return due to stress when she goes back into training?
Some horses handle stall rest well, while others would rather not deal with it. Where does your senior horse fall?