While Bute was more effective at label dose, one vet says new dosing firocoxib recommendations could impact the results.
Photo by Alexandra Beckstett, The Horse Managing Editor
Ask The Vet
Do supplements, concentrates, and forages have you confused? Learn what your horse needs from an equine nutritionist.
Photo by Thinkstock
- Dressage, Para-Dressage Medals Awarded at 2014 WEG
- Indiana Hires Second Lab to Handle Backlog
- First Medals Handed Out at 2014 WEG
- First Competition Day at 2014 WEG in the Books
- Outside the Lines
- Bute, Firocoxib Compared for Alleviating Hoof Lameness
- How to Feed Fat to Horses
- RCI Votes to Increase Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Definite Entries for All Disciplines at 2014 WEG Confirmed
- How Can I Tell if My Horse is in Pain?
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. I had my horses implanted with a microchip years ago. Recently, I attempted to change my contact information only to find out the website no longer existed. I obviously need to register my horses at a new site. What are my options?
The USDA could not monitor our nations horses for emerging or foreign diseases or fulfill the regulatory requirements for interstate and international movement of horses without these accredited equine practitioners help.