Imagine making it all the way to WEG and then finding out your horse can't compete after all.
Photo by Christa Lesté-Lasserre, MA
This trailer-safety checklist will ensure you're prepared to deal with emergencies if they arise when hauling horses.
- X: You're Out
- Late Summer Heat Wave Could Stress Livestock
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Why is the Frog of My Horse's Foot Falling Off?
- Poll Recap: Tipping Farriers
- Missing Oklahoma Horses at Center of Theft Investigation
- The Basic Physical Examination
- Superheroes in a Syringe: How Vaccines Work
- Saddle Up Safely Releases Booklets on Safe Equine Travel
- KSU Vet: Watch for Vesicular Stomatitis
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. A veterinarian who’s also a certified farrier explains frog exfoliation and what you should do if it happens to your horse.
I consider our round pen our most important tool on the property. Here are details on how to install one.