Opening Weekend of WEG
September 27, 2010
Scenes from the opening weekend of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, held Sept. 35-Oct. 10 in Lexington, Ky.
Patrons of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games leave the wonders of the Alltech Experience, where you can stop by for a Kentucky Ale (beer) at Pearce's Place, enjoy Dippin' Dots, or pet a penguin.
The Outdoor Stadium
Flags of competing nations were placed as finishing touches at the Rolex Stadium, home to dressage, show jumping, and stadium jumping for the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
Taking in the Scenes
Patrons to the WEG take in the Endurance competition while grabbing a seat in the shade.
Clinton Anderson offered tips during his clinic at the WEG Equine Village.
Cuttin' Up the Fun
Anyone can experience the rush of riding a cutting horse, thanks to the Naional Cutting Horse Association's mechanical horse and cow at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games' Equine Village.
Mother Nature contributed a beautiful sunset to the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
The 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games opening ceremony was a celebration of American and the Bluegrass State of Kentucky.
Parelli Natural Horsemnship was on display during the opening weekend of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
Stacey Westfall with her partner, Whizards Baby Doll, demonstrating bridle-less riding in the WEG Clinic Arena during opening weekend.
- Fire Kills Six Horses, Injures Four at WEG Eventer's Barn
- Keeping the WEG Healthy
- Fair Play: World Equestrian Games
- Mass Transit; To the World Equestrian Games We Go!
- Ask the Vet LIVE Q&A: World Equestrian Games Horse Care Recording Now Available
- Free Ask the Vet LIVE Q&A: World Equestrian Games Horse Care
- WEG: Safeguards for International Shipment of Horses
- Greening the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games
- FEI Athletes Receive Anti-Doping Regulation Training
- Anky: Salinero Won't Compete in WEG Dressage, Still Mending