Insect bite hypersensitivity (IBH) leads to an itchy and often miserable horse. Here's what you need to know.
Dr. Susan White shares strategies for successful management of horses sweet itch, an allergic reaction to bug bites.
Photo by iStock
- Your Guide to an Outrageously Shiny Coat
- Poll Recap: Shedding Season
- What To Do About the Itchy Horse
- Which Horse Bedding Harbors the Least Bacteria?
- Nasal Bleeding: Vets, What's Your Diagnosis and Treatment?
- Top Surgery Studies of 2016
- Narrow Escape: Caring for Equine Barn Fire Survivors
- Is an Equine IBH Vaccine on the Horizon?
- Cancer in Horses
- TheHorse.com's Top Podcasts of 2016
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. My 20-year-old Thoroughbred has respiratory allergies. Is there anything I can do to help him breathe easier while wearing a muzzle?
I’ve come to accept that, as a horse owner with a herd at home, I don’t get to celebrate Independence Day like “normal” people.