Your horse's best chance of overcoming this hoof disease might lie in your ability to catch it early.
Photo by iStock
Understand the costs of veterinary care before you're faced with a sick or injured horse.
Photo by Anne M. Eberhardt/The Horse
- 10 Early Warning Signs of Laminitis
- A Look at Serum-Based Proteins for Horses
- My Horse's Vet Bill is How Much?
- Horse Foot Bruises
- Understanding Your Horse's 'Engine' During Exercise
- Re-evaluating Therapeutic Shoeing
- DDFT Injury, MRI, and Medical Treatments
- Are TMJ Variations Normal in Horses?
- Common Hock Abnormalities Found on MRI
- The New Navicular Paradigm
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. If a horse has been wearing therapeutic shoes long term but has started to have soundness issues after two years of going well, is there a point you'd recommend going "back to basics" to evaluate and pinpoint the issue's root cause?
A friend recently asked for advice on how to make a good impression on nonhorsey neighbors. Here are some tips.