Researchers went looking for the cause of Great Britain's growing equine obesity problem. Here's what they found.
Photo by Thinkstock
Imagine making it all the way to WEG and then finding out your horse can't compete after all.
Photo by Christa Lesté-Lasserre, MA
While Bute was more effective at label dose, one vet says new dosing firocoxib recommendations could impact the results.
Photo by Alexandra Beckstett, The Horse Managing Editor
- Prevalence and Risk Factors for Obesity
- X: You're Out
- Bute, Firocoxib Compared for Alleviating Hoof Lameness
- Brazilian Triple Crown Winner Being Treated for Laminitis
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Researcher Reviews How to Reduce Laminitis Incidence
- Infographic: Navicular Disease
- Starlight Racing to Help Fund Laminitis Research
- Pigeon Fever: Myths and Misconceptions
- Commentary: One Death Too Many
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. If a horse has been wearing therapeutic shoes long term but has started to have soundness issues after two years of going well, is there a point you'd recommend going "back to basics" to evaluate and pinpoint the issue's root cause?
September is a great time to get your winter water supply set up before the icy cold weather sets in. Learn about installing automatic waters for your horses.