Botulism is caused by toxins produced by Clostridium botulinum, a bacterial organism. Botulism toxin is the most deadly toxin in the world. An affected horse suffers generalized progressive weakness and, in severe cases, paralysis of the muscles, including those that control movement and breathing.
- Type A Botulism in Horses Described in Case Review
- Equine Grass Sickness Reviewed
- Vaccination Schedule Guidelines
- "Tuesday Talk" Highlights Neurologic Issues
- Beware Botulism in Wet Weather
- Botulism's New Threat; Will Horses Have Vaccine?
- Vaccinations for Horses
- Botulism Alert!
- Botulism in Horses: An Update
- Diagnosing and Managing Tetanus and Botulism in Horses