RAO is a chronic problem similar to asthma in humans. Help your heavy horse breath easy with tips from our visual guide.
Photo by Claudia Summers
Winter's arrived with a vengeance in the Bluegrass. How are you preparing your senior horses for the deep freeze?
Photo by Erica Larson, News Editor
- Infographic: Heaves
- Researchers Evaluate Riding School Horse Health
- Infographic: Healthy Coats
- Senior Horse Feed: Not Just for Seniors
- Poll Recap: Feeding Arrangements
- Kansas State to Host Equine Clinic on Nov. 8
- How to Care for Aging Equids' Teeth
- 2015 UK Equine Showcase, Breeders' Short Course Scheduled
- Tips for Preparing Your Older Horse for Winter
- 5 Tips for Feeding Easy Keepers
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. Find out why a mare might be guarding her caretakers during feeding.
Full-time turnout is one of the best ways to develop a young horse's musculoskeletal system.