Animals that consume water with some types of algal blooms can die suddenly or suffer from weakness, staggering, or photosensitization depending on the type of toxin and how much they ingested.

To continue reading this article, become a member of

It's FREE and you'll get full access to more than 20,000 articles, video, free reports & more.

Sign In
Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with FREE weekly newsletters from Learn More

Free Newsletters

Sign up for the latest in:

From our partners