How do you keep your senior horses healthy and happy when summer arrives?
Photo by Erica Larson, News Editor
Learn how recreational riders can condition and protect their equine weekend warriors.
Photo by iStock
- Fit for the Trail
- An Introduction to Automatic Waterers
- Massachusetts Firefighters Save Horses After Roof Collapse
- Tips for Healthful Horse Barns During Winter
- Winter Storms Challenge Barn, Horse Owners
- Readers Share Tips for Horse Blanket Repair and Maintenance
- Preparing Horse Farms for Winter Weather Disasters
- Horse Management Tips for Cold Temperatures
- Poll Recap: Staying Warm in Winter
- Take Precautions when Hauling Horses in Cold Weather
- Preventing Heat-Related Problems in Horses
- 10 Hot Weather Horse Care Tips
- Skin Diseases in Horses
- How to Recognize and Help an Overheated Horse
- Horse Hydration FAQs
- Clipping Your Horse's Coat
- Summer Haircoat Tips
- Heat Stress in Horses
- No Sweat: Anhidrosis
- Maintaining Hydration in Horses: The Roles of Water and Salt
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. Is it worthwhile to deworm my horses during the winter? I've heard that internal parasites aren't around this time of year.
There are countless hoof products and practices that have become popular due to salesmanship rather than evidence.