As temperatures drop, consider whether you need to make changes to your horse's diet in preparation for winter.
Photo by iStock
Learn more about this potentially dangerous condition and how to manage it.
Photo by Erica Larson, News Editor
- Fall Feeding Tips for Horses
- Top Tips to Prepare Your Senior Horse for Winter
- Understanding Anhidrosis
- Are You Already Thinking About Blanket Season?
- Four Tips to Help Your Horse Beat the Summer Heat
- My Horse Has a Fever. Now What?
- Macrolide Antibiotics' Effects on Sweating in Foals Examined
- Understanding Horses' Water Requirements
- Poll Recap: Electrolytes for Horses
- Poll Recap: It's Hot Outside!
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. Is it worthwhile to deworm my horses during the winter? I've heard that internal parasites aren't around this time of year.
Funds for land acquisition and trail development are drying up. Find out what you can do to help ensure enough land is preserved for equine activities.