All owners should know their horses' normal vital signs and how to take them correctly. Here's a review.
Photo by The Horse Staff
While Bute was more effective at label dose, one vet says new dosing firocoxib recommendations could impact the results.
Photo by Alexandra Beckstett, The Horse Managing Editor
- The Basic Physical Examination
- Bute, Firocoxib Compared for Alleviating Hoof Lameness
- How Can I Tell if My Horse is in Pain?
- Infographic: Basic Principles of Conditioning
- Ribby Race Filly
- Emergency Preparedness, Large Animal Rescue Courses Offered
- What is SAA, and Why is it Important to Equine Medicine?
- 10 Hot Weather Horse Care Tips
- Study: Owners Might Miss Signs of Equine Back Pain
- Researchers Test 'Composite Pain Scale' for Horses
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. How can an owner help a ribby but successful racehorse gain weight, and what might be behind the filly's body condition? Our source shares some thoughts.
The USDA could not monitor our nations horses for emerging or foreign diseases or fulfill the regulatory requirements for interstate and international movement of horses without these accredited equine practitioners help.