To a newborn foal, colostrum can mean the difference between life and death.
Photo by Anne M. Eberhardt
Many breeders use a combination of the available options to predict when a mare will foal.
- Breeding Dummy Design
- Testing Available for Dwarfism Gene in Miniature Horses
- Colostrum for Foals
- How to Predict When a Mare Will Foal
- Variations in Body Conformation
- Foaling Horses: 101 to 911
- What is Nutrigenomics?
- Starting and Stopping a Mare's Estrous Cycle
- Preparing Mares for Foaling
- Health Problems in Newborn Foals
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. A friend of mine suggested that receiving mares would influence the foals--especially regarding future performance records--in a negative way. Is there any proof or research available about the receiving mare's effect on the foal?
How will climate change affect horse husbandry and disease? Experts are gather later this month to discuss at the first Conference on Climate Change and Horse Management.