A difficult birth can be life-threatening for both mare and foal if not handled promptly and properly.
Photo by Anne M. Eberhardt/The Horse
Breeding a mare is exciting but not without challenges. Learn about stallion selection, breeding soundness, and more!
Photo by iStock
- Collecting Colostrum
- Dealing With Dystocias
- Resolve to Weigh Your Horse's Feed
- Diseases That Affect Nutrient Delivery in Horses
- Cost-Effective Feeding for Horses
- Mother/Daughter Team Organizes Seventh Gelding Clinic
- TheHorse.com's Top Videos of 2016
- Foaling Tendencies and Dystocia Rates in New Zealand
- 2017 UK Equine Showcase, Breeders' Short Course Scheduled
- Preparing Mares for Foaling
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. How can you collect colostrum and save it for future use, and how long can you keep it? A veterinarian weighs in.
A friend recently asked for advice on how to make a good impression on nonhorsey neighbors. Here are some tips.