Can you feed hay that's been rained on? Is second-cutting always best? Here we debunk common myths about choosing hay.
Photo by University of Kentucky's College of Agriculture, Food, and Environment
Take these considerations into account when preparing older horses for winter and maintaining them throughout.
Photo by Amanda A. Adams, PhD
- Why Does a Horse Shake His Head?
- Myths About Hay Selection
- Tips for Preparing Your Older Horse for Winter
- Heart of the Matter
- Lethal Red Maples
- 5 Tips for Feeding Easy Keepers
- Current Thoughts on the Significance of Mycotoxins
- State-of-the-Art Imaging Techniques Reviewed
- Hypersalivation in Horses
- Nearly Nontoxic Insect Control
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. When are red maple leaves lethal to horses?
Horses sold by the pound at low-end auctions throughout the United States are a reality of our industry. And it breaks my heart.