Researchers are learning more about how microbes within the gut influence horse health.
Photo by Thinkstock
Researchers found that over- and underfeeding can affect foals' bone growth, metabolism, and testicular development.
Photo by iStock
- An Inside Look at the Equine GI Microbiome
- How Broodmare Nutrition Affects Her Foal
- 5 Tips for Feeding Lactating Mares
- Feeding Horses for Joint Health
- 5 Tips for Feeding Foals
- The Link Between Osteochondrosis Lesions and Limb Forces
- Watch for Meconium Impactions in Foals
- Understanding Calories and Energy for Horses
- Friesian Dwarfism, Hydrocephaly Genetic Tests Available
- Are Foals of Obese Mares At Risk for Musculoskeletal Issues?
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. A veterinarians answers a reader's question on why some horses have seasonal runny manure.
A DNA test offers Alayne surprise answers to questions about her BLM mustang's ancestry.