Getting Ready for WEG
September 24, 2010
An inside look at some of the preparations for the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, held September 25 - October 10 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.
Van Unloading at Airport
A horse van unloads at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport where a temporary quarantine site has been erected.
Photo: Anne M. Eberhardt
Dr. Kent Allen
Kent Allen, DVM, official Veterinary Coordinator of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, speaks at the temporary veterinary clinic located at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Volunteers process equine passports in the temporary veterinary clinic inside the Kentucky Horse Park.
The Outdoor Stadium
The Kentucky Horse Park's new outdoor stadium, now titled 'Rolex Stadium,' before its makeover for the World Equestrian Games.
Tents have been constructed around the Kentucky Horse Park for the many booths and exhibits that will be part of the World Equestrian Games.
Competitors for the World Equestrian Games gather around their equine teammates after moving into their stalls.
Australian Endurance Team
The Australian Endurance Team takes a few laps around Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Ky., in preparation for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- Fire Kills Six Horses, Injures Four at WEG Eventer's Barn
- Keeping the WEG Healthy
- Fair Play: World Equestrian Games
- Mass Transit; To the World Equestrian Games We Go!
- Ask the Vet LIVE Q&A: World Equestrian Games Horse Care Recording Now Available
- WEG: Safeguards for International Shipment of Horses
- Greening the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games
- FEI Athletes Receive Anti-Doping Regulation Training
- Anky: Salinero Won't Compete in WEG Dressage, Still Mending
- WEG Horse Feed Plan Emphasizes Consistency