Some horses are vulnerable to sun damage. Here's what to watch for and how to protect against it.
Photo by iStock
We consulted two equine nutritionists to answer your burning questions about equine hydration.
Photo by Thinkstock
- A Beer for Our Horses
- Fall Feeding Tips for Horses
- Burning Up: Photosensitization and Sunburn in Horses
- Emergency 911: Horse Show Edition
- Poll Recap: Hot-Weather Horse Transport Concerns
- How Can I Keep My Senior Horse With PPID Cool?
- Poll Recap: Beating the Heat in Horse Barns
- As Summer Heats Up, Keep Horses Cool
- Helping Horses in Hot Weather
- Poll Recap: Summer Horse Health Challenges
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. An owner seeks advice on managing a senior horse with Cushing's disease during a heat wave.
If you choose to volunteer in an emergency or disaster situation, consider these important factors before loading up and leaving.