The Yearly Cost of Keeping a Horse
- By Michelle N. Anderson, TheHorse.com Digital Managing Editor
- Aug 01, 2012
People often say it’s not buying a horse that’s expensive--it’s everything that comes after. From building fences to selecting a truck and trailer, horse ownership is a lifestyle choice for many of us. Estimating an average cost for that lifestyle is a bit tricky, because pricing for major horse care items (such as hay and feed) varies by region. Use this chart to create your own budget.
- Travel Documents: Know What You Need to Travel with Horses
- Biosecurity for Horse Farms: Stall Disinfection and Other Management Techniques
- Bankruptcy: Can I Keep My Horse?
- Ireland's Miniature Horses to Get Official Studbook, Passports
- Piroplasmosis Update: 20 Positive, Tracing Exposed Horses
- Foreign Disease Equine Piroplasmosis Found in Five Florida Horses
- Effort to Identify Horses in Seized Herd Continues
- Rescue Horse's Story Illustrates Importance of Estate Planning
- CEM Rule Amended for Entertainment Horses
- Industry Debates Animal Identification System's Impact on Horses