Whether you're weaning your first foal or you're an old hand, weaning can be quite stressful for foals, mares, and their owners! Learn how to wean, what to feed recently weaned foals, whether donkeys/mules should be treated differently, and more.
About the Experts
Lucas Pantaleon, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM, is an equine internal medicine specialist.
- Nutritional Considerations for Weanlings
- How to Feed an Orphan Foal
- Supportive Care for Foals with Pharyngeal Dysfunction
- Patella Infections in Foals Require Prompt Care (AAEP 2011)
- Monitoring and Preventing EPE on Endemic Farms (AAEP 2011)
- Behavioral Differences Between Colts and Fillies Examined
- Developmental Dental Disorders in Horses
- Managing Deciduous Teeth in Young Horses
- Researchers Examine One-Sided Imprint Training
- Weaning Stress and Nutritional Influences