How can you find the right horse to rescue or adopt? How can you find a reputable rescue if you have a horse to rehome? What common health and behavioral issues might you expect to see, and how can you safely rehabilitate the horse?
About the Experts
Albert Kane, DVM, MPVM, PhD, is a Post-Doctoral Fellow in Biomedical Sciences in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Colorado State University
Julia H. Wilson, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM, is an Associate Professor of Veterinary Population Medicine and Division Head of Large Animal Medicine at the University of Minnesota.
- 'Learning Theory' to Improve Veterinarian Safety
- Incessant Licking
- Encourage Horses to Pass Scary Objects, Scientists Recommend
- Study: Trainers Consistently Evaluate Ridden Horse Behavior
- Study: Horse Owners Best Predictors of Equine Motivation
- Study Evaluates Rein Tension and Horses' Rideability
- Researchers Evaluate Horses as Model of Human Depression
- Audiences' Effects on Horse and Rider Stress Levels
- Study: Match Personalities for Strong Horse, Woman Bond
- Study: Horses More Relaxed Around Nervous Humans