Horse Health Glossary
Not sure what that veterinary word means? Look it up below!
Reprinted with permission from the University of California, Davis, The Book of Horses edited by Mordecai Siegal.
- Partial paralysis in all four limbs.
- An animal such as the horse that walks on all four limbs.
- QUEENSLAND ITCH:
- Commonly encountered skin disease of horses, caused by an allergic reaction to the bites of midges belonging to the genus Culicoides; also called sweet itch.
- To drop partially chewed feed material from the mouth.
- Chronic inflammatory process of the collateral cartilage of the coffin bone.