Mangoes Toxic to Horses?

Q: In our horse paddock there are four mango trees. Our horses often eat the mangoes that fall off the tree. We were wondering if it is possible for our horses to get sick from eating too many mangoes. A: Mango has not been reported to be toxic to horses. The skin of the fruit, leaves, and bark does contain some compounds similar to the compound in poison ivy that can cause a

To continue reading this article, become a member of TheHorse.com.

It's FREE and you'll get full access to more than 20,000 articles, video, free reports & more.

Sign In
Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with FREE weekly newsletters from TheHorse.com. Learn More

Free Newsletters

Sign up for the latest in:

From our partners