10 Tips for Winterizing Your Horse
- By Alexandra Beckstett, The Horse Managing Editor
- Oct 16, 2012
Whether your region’s winter weather consists of cooler temps and occasional rains or you’re in for months of frigid winds and endless snowfall, you can take steps to make the season more manageable. The Horse has formulated 10 vet-approved tips for keeping your horse healthy and comfortable during the cold season. From blanket maintenance to caring for the coat and adjusting feed to assessing body condition, these tips will help you prepare your horse for winter.
Check these off your to-do list before temperatures plunge and snow arrives.
- Preparing Horse Farms for Winter Weather Disasters
- Broodmare Nutrition: Preparing for Fall and Winter
- Tips for Winter Horse Hauling
- Winter Pasture Management
- Feeding Broodmares in Fall and Winter
- Winter Barn Preparation Starts Before the Freeze
- Cold Weather Horse Care Review
- Horse Owners Reminded to Plan for Winter Hazards
- Horse Rescues Prepare for Long Winter Ahead
- Managing Horses in Icy Conditions