Ingested Wires Cause Colic, Adhesions

When ingested, small wires can wreak havoc in the equine digestive system. They might even cause different segments of the tract to fuse together, leading to painful and usually fatal consequences, according to South African and American researchers who recently published a study on the subject.

The four cases discussed in the medical review, which appeared in The Veterinary Record

To continue reading this article, become a member of TheHorse.com.

It's FREE and you'll get full access to more than 20,000 articles, video, free reports & more.

Sign In
Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with FREE weekly newsletters from TheHorse.com. Learn More

Free Newsletters

Sign up for the latest in:

From our partners