Most animals that ingest blue-green algae toxins die acutely. Treatment is supportive and symptomatic. In some cases animals can recover, but death typically occurs so quickly that the animals are found dead near the water source.

To continue reading this article, become a member of

It's FREE and you'll get full access to more than 20,000 articles, video, free reports & more.

Sign In
Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with FREE weekly newsletters from Learn More

Free Newsletters

Sign up for the latest in:

From our partners