Is it PPID or EMS? Diagnosing Equine Endocrine Disease
January 31, 2014
Learn the latest about equine pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction (PPID, or equine Cushing's disease) and equine metabolic syndrome (EMS) from leading geriatric horse researcher Dr. Dianne McFarlane of Oklahoma State University. In this lecture she reviews clinical signs and available tests for these equine conditions.
- Ask the Vet LIVE: Equine Cushing's Disease (PPID), Sept. 18
- New Insulin Resistance Test Method for Horses (AAEP 2011)
- Top Medicine Studies of 2011 (AAEP 2011)
- Seasonal Effects on Texas Cushing's Test Results (AAEP 2011)
- Researchers Evaluate Endocrinopathic Laminitis Prevalence
- Soaking Hay: How Much Sugar is Actually Removed?
- Study: Improved Owner Education Needed for Older Horse Care
- Disease Prevalence in Older Horses Examined
- Researchers Examine Link Between Obesity, Laminitis, and EMS
- Using Nutrition to Prevent and Manage Equine Disease