Take these considerations into account when preparing older horses for winter and maintaining them throughout.
Photo by Amanda A. Adams, PhD
Follow these steps to help your overweight horse subsist on fewer calories.
Photo by Thinkstock
- Tips for Preparing Your Older Horse for Winter
- 5 Tips for Feeding Easy Keepers
- WEG Reflections: Rehomed Horses Shine
- Poll Recap: Supplement Expenses
- Situational Queen Bee
- Planning for the Final Goodbye
- Prevalence and Risk Factors for Obesity
- Understanding Senior Horse Feeds
- Promoting Metabolic Wellness
- Researchers Unlock Clues about Aging Equine Tendons
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. Find out why a mare might be guarding her caretakers during feeding.
Full-time turnout is one of the best ways to develop a young horse's musculoskeletal system.