This common problem can cause sudden, severe lameness but often resolves quickly with the proper treatment.
Photo by The Horse Staff
A foal's diet during the first year impacts his musculoskeletal health and future athletic performance.
Photo by Anne M. Eberhardt/The Horse
- Hoof Abscesses in Horses
- Normal Horse Vitals Signs and Health Indicators
- Feeding Foals
- Normal Horse Temperature, Heart Rate, Breathing Rate
- Tackling Tough-to-Heal Wounds
- What Does Your Horse's Stool Say?
- Why Does a Horse Lie Down?
- 10 Hot Weather Horse Care Tips
- Navigating Natural Disasters with Horses
- Proud Flesh
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. What can happen if a horse overdoses on Previcox? Are there any repercussions that he could suffer?
Funds for land acquisition and trail development are drying up. Find out what you can do to help ensure enough land is preserved for equine activities.
- Equine Emergency-Evacuation Kit Checklist
- Equine Functional Electronic Stimulation (FES)
- The Golden Years: Caring for the Senior Horse
- How To Handle a Disease Outbreak
- Athletes to Trail Warriors: Caring for the Adult Horse
- 12 Signs of Good Equine Health
- Horse Health Parameters Form
- Top 5 Stretches for Healthy Horses