Learn more about this potentially dangerous condition and how to manage it.
Photo by Erica Larson, News Editor
What steps do you take to keep horse and human safe and cool during summer?
Photo by Alexandra Beckstett, The Horse Managing Editor
Researcher found that three commonly used macrolides suppressed foals' normal sweat responses to varying degrees.
Photo by Courtesy Dr. Amy Stieler
- Top Tips to Prepare Your Senior Horse for Winter
- Understanding Anhidrosis
- Are You Already Thinking About Blanket Season?
- Four Tips to Help Your Horse Beat the Summer Heat
- My Horse Has a Fever. Now What?
- Macrolide Antibiotics' Effects on Sweating in Foals Examined
- Understanding Horses' Water Requirements
- Poll Recap: Electrolytes for Horses
- Poll Recap: It's Hot Outside!
- 10 Hot Weather Horse Care Tips
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. Is it worthwhile to deworm my horses during the winter? I've heard that internal parasites aren't around this time of year.
Funds for land acquisition and trail development are drying up. Find out what you can do to help ensure enough land is preserved for equine activities.