Learn how recreational riders can condition and protect their equine weekend warriors.
Photo by iStock
Horses need access to fresh and unfrozen water during the winter months. Here's what to remember.
Photo by Courtesy Ritchie Industries
- Fit for the Trail
- Water Access in Winter
- Six Things Your Horse Really Wants for Christmas
- Holiday Gifts Your Horse Will Love
- Winterizing Horses
- Equine Internal Combustion
- Top Winter Hoof Care Tips
- Help Your Senior Horse Weather the Winter
- Cold Weather Horse Colic
- Winter is Coming: Are Your Horses and Farm Ready?
Farm Call: Your Questions Answered
Q. In extreme cold temperatures I wrap my horses' lower legs in fleece-lined boots at night, as they are prone to laminitis and I hope it will aid circulation and keep them warm. Do you think this helps them, or what would you suggest during winter?
If you choose to volunteer in an emergency or disaster situation, consider these important factors before loading up and leaving.